Thursday, January 19, 2012

What Makes Me Write The Things I Do?

            Meeting me, one might assume that I am a very quiet person. It will tickle my friends to hear someone call me that. I am not a quiet person, but what I am is an observer. When meeting people for the first time, I observe their behavior and listen close to the things they say. In my earlier years, my grandmother told me, “If a person shows you who they are, believe them. Comparing their actions to the things they say let you know, exactly, what they are about”.  This saying has been very beneficial for me. By taking heed to what my grandmother told me, I have become pretty good at describing the things I see and what’s happening. I like to use similes and metaphors as my paint brush in my writings, so the reader can imagine the place, time, and what is going on.  When I was younger, I had a journal that I wrote down everything I observed. The things I observed made me really realize how funny and interesting people are. I believe this is what made me want to go into the field of Forensic Investigations.
             Writing has been my therapy for a while. It is my time to express everything I feel without interruptions. I was a bit of a hot head when I was a teenager, so getting everything I felt out of my system was crucial.  I didn’t only write expressively when I was mad or sad. I wrote about me being happy, just alright, and so-so. My writings are humorous when I’m upset. I think it is humorous because I just say anything that comes to my mind. My writing isn’t always stories about how I feel, and why I feel a certain way. They are sometimes poetry about things, random things. In seventh grade, I wrote an alliteration poem about snakes. The poem was published in a national Who’s Who book. I was surprised because I didn’t think the poem was as good as my other poems. I have, also, won awards for a few short stories I have written.
Unfortunately, I don’t write, nearly, as much as I use to. I haven’t lost my desire to write, but I am not as passionate about it. Every now and then, I might write about my thoughts and day, but I seldom write recreationally. Hopefully, my passion for writing returns. Someday in the future, I might take a shot at writing a children’s book.


3 comments:

  1. I used to keep a journal as well when I was going through middle school/high school. Well, most of it was technically Livejournal at the time, but I did keep a notebook on me while I was at school. For some reason, I wrote more extensively in class. In any case, I'm actually pretty interested in some of these stories and poems you've written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Josh (aka Ninja Crash Token); I think that you should share some of your creative writings on your blog (but only if you are comfortable doing so).

    ReplyDelete
  3. i feel like if you write more your life will shoot straight up. especially since you want to write children's books, because i feel you can really do well in that field. you should get back into it and see where it takes you. you only have one life to live so you better try to achieve your dream!!

    ReplyDelete